The healthy approach to weight loss
• Suppress appetite without stimulants.
• Helps increase fat metabolism.
• Can reduce potential for carbohydrate-to-fat conversion.
• Gluten-Free and Vegan Friendly
What's in APPESTAT and What Do These Nutrients Do?
5-HYDROXYTRYPTOPHAN (5-HTP), is a plant-based precursor of serotonin. In addition to potentially enhancing the quality of sleep and growth hormone release, 5-HTP aids in reducing sugar cravings.
ZINC (we use the extremely bioavailable Monomethionine form) is an essential part of approximately 300 different bodily function including carbohydrate metabolism. Low zinc levels, common in high carbohydrate diets, can also reduce the athlete's ability to utilize oxygen and generate energy during exercise.
IODINE is needed for the synthesis of one of the thyroid hormones known as thyroxin that involved in regulating metabolic rate.
CHROMIUM POLYNICOTINATE helps insulin regulate blood sugar levels; supplementation tends to decrease blood sugar in people with high blood sugar levels and raises blood sugar in people with low blood sugar levels. It improves the uptake of cellular glucose for energy production and is believed to inhibit the synthesis of new fat from carbohydrates, which frees the mitochondria to burn already-stored fat. While there are many forms available to the consumer the polynicotinate form is superior, considered to be 300 times more biologically active (referring to absorption rates) than other forms of this trace mineral.
HYDROXYCITRIC ACID (HCA) may just be one of Nature's most remarkable weight loss nutrients. This active ingredient of the Garcinia Cambogia fruit safely inhibits an enzyme called citrate lyase, which is used in the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. It also gently suppresses appetite and reduces food intake.
Appestat contains 5-HTP, which not only has benefits for appetite suppression, it is also believed to be an ideal nutrient for improving mood.
|Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container 90
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Zinc (as zinc I-monomethionine)†||15mg||100%|
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)††||60mcg||50%|
|Iodine (as Atlantic Kelp)||113mcg||75%|
|Enzyme Enhancement System™
(a proprietary blend of Amylase, Cellulase and Protease)
|5-HTP (as 5-hydroxytryptophan)||20mg||**|
|Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) (as Garcinia cambogia fruit extract) †††||200mg||**|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Daily Value not established.
†L-OptiZinc™ brand of zinc I-monomethionine. ††ChromMate™ brand of trivalent niacin bound chromium polynicotinate. ††† Super Citrimax™ brand of Garcinia cambogia extract (60% HCA). L-Optizinc™, ChromeMate™ & Super CitriMax™ are registered trademarks of InterHealth N.I.
|Other Ingredients: Magnesium Stearate, Vegetable Capsules (plant cellulose and water)|
1-2 capsules one hour before lunch and dinner. Use in a cycle of 3 weeks ON with one week OFF before starting another 3-week cycle.
Dietary Instructions Guidelines
It has been clinically demonstrated that weight loss exceeding 2-5 pounds per month results in losing more lean muscle mass than body fat. In order to lose the most body fat and the least muscle mass, we strongly encourage you to lose the weight slowly, limiting your weight loss to 5 pounds per month.
SEVENTEEN CHARACTERISTICS OF AN EFFECTIVE WEIGHT LOSS PLAN
- Reduce current refined carbohydrate intake by 50%.
- Increase raw food vegetable and fruit intake by 25%.
- Drink a minimum of 10 x 8-ounce glasses of water per day [chose either steam distilled or bottled water that is "chlorine and fluoride free"].
- Cease eating after 7:00 PM.
- Reduce or omit meats [excluding salt-water and cold water fish] and dairy byproducts.
- Exercise activity is conducted at or below 75% VO2 Max Heart Rate.
- PERIODIC Short-term weight loss of 2-5 pounds conducted in 20 consecutive days, followed by seven days NO calorie restriction before repeating a 2nd 20-day protocol.
- Recommend no more than 1 pound weight loss each week.
- Do not go below 1,500 calories per day.
- Refer to the Food Guide Asian or Mediterranean Pyramid and Dietary Guidelines.
- Focus on limiting fat and processed food intake rather than calories.
- Encourage 30 minutes minimum exercise per day.
- Include a variety of nutritionally balanced foods.
- Minimize hunger, no-starve periods.
- Encourage setting realistic weight loss goals and making slow, moderate changes.
- Precedes an established lifelong "Lifestyle" protocol, balancing caloric intake with expense.
- Remove man-made fats [TFA-Trans Fatty Acids-also know as partially or completely hydrogenated vegetable fats]; found in almost all processed baked goods.
The closer you come to adhering to these guidelines the greater success you will have.